Beaumont Health is a not-for-profit organization formed by Beaumont Health System, Botsford Health Care and Oakwood Healthcare to provide high quality, efficient, accessible services in a caring environment for southeastern Michigan residents and beyond. It consists of eight hospitals with 3,337 beds, 153 outpatient sites, 5,000 physicians, more than 33,000 employees and about 3,500 volunteers.
Bringing the Experts to You
Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast, a competitive athlete, a member of an after-work sports league or an active senior, when you suffer an injury it can disrupt your daily routine and the activities that keep you fit. That’s where the Beaumont Sports Medicine program can help. We offer a complete range of services, focusing on the treatment and prevention of injuries designed to get you back on track.
Our multidisciplinary team comprised of orthopedic surgeons, family practice sports medicine physicians, certified athletic trainers and sports physical therapists are all leaders in their specialties. This team of highly trained experts work collaboratively to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate injuries so patients return to their previous level of activity as quickly and safely as possible.
Some of the services offered by our multidisciplinary team include:
- Comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sports and activity related injuries such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee & shoulder injuries, and fractures
- Overuse injuries (such as tendonitis, stress fractures)
- Mild traumatic brain injury and other head injuries utilizing ImPACT© Concussion Testing and Management Program
- Athletes with chronic or acute illness (such as infectious mononucleosis, asthma or diabetes)
- Nutritional analysis and counseling
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Fitness assessment including body composition analysis, strength and cardiovascular fitness measurement
- Injury prevention education
- “Return to play” decisions in the sick or injured athlete
- Strength training and conditioning
- Healthy lifestyle promotion and exercise based weight loss
- Performance improvement programs for runners, walkers, cyclists and fitness enthusiasts
- Video evaluation and analysis of baseball/softball swing, pitching motion, running stride and golf swing
- Rehabilitation including sports physical therapy
- Custom knee bracing and orthotics